Whether you’re a new graduate or well into your career, you may need support with your career and professional development needs.
Career Services supports Carleton University students and alumni across all disciplines in their career development. Alumni can take advantage of everything Career Services has to offer, regardless of their year of graduation. Services are available to all alumni free of charge, including:
- Job postings on mySuccess, our online job search system;
- Career fairs; networking nights, employer information sessions, and employer recruiting events;
- Extensive online resources, such as:
- Career exploration resources;
- Job search tips;
- Information about networking and making strategic connections;
- Resume, cover letter, CV, and LinkedIn profile templates and guidelines;
- Job interview tips and sample questions;
- Further education resources including graduate school preparation, personal statement tips, and resources to explore programs.
- Drop-in hours (8:30-4:30 Monday – Friday), in 401 Tory Building for:
- Resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile and CV reviews;
- Specialized interview preparation tips and mock interviews;
- Strategies for effective job searching;
- Help identifying and targeting career paths as well as support with career transition and change;
- Assistance with decision-making on further education programs;
- Referrals to one-on-one appointments with Career Counsellors.
- Career Counsellors can support alumni with:
- In depth career exploration, including discussions about difficulty finding work or making decisions to change careers;
- Exploring individual values, skills and interests and identifying how these can guide your career direction;
- Graduate school preparation such as personal statement reviews and practice interviews (e.g. practice MMI for Medical School).
* Please note that some of these services may be accessed via telephone or email as needed. Contact Careere Services at 613-520-6611, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Career Services Website for more information.*