Being a Carleton alumni entitles you to extra perks! Enjoy exciting deals on a wide range of products, services and on-campus benefits.
The Carleton University Alumni Association has developed a number of affinity partnerships, including financial services, travel packages, recreation and fitness discounts, and more. Not only do you get exclusive rates and valuable benefits–these programs support important programs for Carleton alumni and students. In the past few years, affinity partnerships have helped:
- Construct the Alumni Hall and Sports Centre
- Bring back Ravens football
- Organize fun and meaningful events that bring alumni together
- Provide financial aid for students in need
- Support student projects and initiatives through the Student Activities Fund
- And more!
Enjoy the perks of your membership–and support your alma mater at the same time.
Discounts on merchandise in the University Bookstore
Take advantage of an exclusive 10 per cent alumni discount on all regularly priced, authentic university apparel and gifts at the Carleton University Bookstore. For information call: 613-520-3832 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carleton Alumni ID Cards
Although not necessary to become a member of CUAA, you may order an alumni ID card to represent your Carleton alumni status. This card will include your name, degree and the year you became a Carleton Alumnus.
This card will only be needed to take advantage of some of the amazing benefits Carleton offers to their alumni. If you are looking to gain access to the athletics facilities, please take a moment to submit your alumni ID card request.
To submit an alumni ID card request, simply send an email to email@example.com with your name, student ID# (if known), date of birth and your current mailing address.
If you have applied to graduate, please wait for your approval from Carleton before requesting an alumni card.
We make every effort to reply within two business days however during busy periods, additional time may be required. Once your request has been processed, your card will be mailed to you in 5-10 business days.
Please Note: At the moment, there is a delay in printing new alumni cards. Carleton employees are currently working remotely and we are unable to print them. Once we return to campus, your alumni card will be printed and mailed to you
Free borrowing privileges and online journal access in the Carleton University library
Interested in the latest research? Access more than three million books, serials, government documents, maps, newspapers, musical scores, compact discs, microforms, archives and rare books in the library’s physical collection.
Graduates from Carleton University can also access select online journals and databases remotely for continued study or research. A list of databases available for Alumni can be found on the Library website. Visit the library’s Services for Alumni web page for additional details about borrowing privileges and off-campus database access.
To obtain your Alumni library card to access the library collections, please send an email with your full name, mailing address and student ID number (if known) to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member from the Access Services department in the Library will contact you to complete your registration.
Career and employment counselling services
Whether you are a new graduate or well into your career, you may need employment support. Career Services offers a variety of free comprehensive services to support all Carleton alumni, regardless of graduation year.
All Alumni can take advantage of the following services:
- Access to job postings on mySuccess– Carleton’s online job board
- Access to Career Service’s website which contains many resources and templates for resume and cover letter building, job search and networking support, interview preparation, and career exploration and planning
- Admission to all Career Services events such as Career Fairs and Networking events
- Access to all workshops hosted by Career Services
- Access to one-on-one drop-in advising sessions on topics such as resume and cover letter review, job search and networking strategies, and mock interviews
- Access to one-on-one booked counselling sessions upon referral by Career Services staff
For more information and to use these services, please contact Career Services at email@example.com, (613) 520-6611, or drop-in to Career Service’s office, located on Carleton University’s campus in 401 Tory Building, between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. Please note that the last student/alumni typically checks in at 3:30pm and it is recommended to visit earlier in the day if possible, as wait times can exceed an hour in the afternoon.
Conferencing, meeting services and summer accommodation
Stay on campus from May to August. New air-conditioned residence means hotel quality at better prices. Facilities include conference, seminar and board rooms, lecture theatres, classrooms and lounges; complete audio visual services, cafeterias, dining rooms, fully licensed bars; 24-hour security services, health service clinic, pharmacy, post office, bank, variety stores, and recreational facilities with an Olympic-size pool, squash and tennis courts and fitness centre. For information please visit Conference Services.
Reduced rates for annual athletics memberships
Alumni receive 20 per cent off athletics memberships. Full recreational facilities include an Olympic-size indoor pool, squash and tennis courts, fitness centre and a new covered multi-sport field. Learn more about what is offered on the Carleton Athletics website.
Home and Auto Insurance
TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Program offer for Carleton University Alumni.
As a trusted partner, the TDInsurance Meloche Monnex Program is dedicated to helping Carleton University alumni get access to preferred insurance rates. These preferred rates are available on car, home, condo and tenant coverage.TD Insurance is the leading direct response insurance group in Canada†, offering quality insurance products for over 65 years. From getting a quote to filing a claim, their knowledgeable advisors will help you find options that are right for you.
Here are a few ways your savings can add up:
- Bundling your car and home, condo or tenant insurance together
- Insuring more than one vehicle, or including a motorcycle, ATV, or snowmobile
- Owning a hybrid or electric vehicle recognized by the Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Having a connected burglar or fire alarm
- Living in a newly built home
- Your home is free of a mortgage or secured line of credit
Plus, the TDInsurance Meloche Monnex Affinity Program helps support alumni activities. A win-win for you and your school.
Feel confident your coverage fits your needs.
Get a TD Insurance Meloche Monnex quote now by visiting tdinsurance.com/carletonalumni or calling1-800-339-1847.
†Ranks based on data available from OSFI, Insurers, Insurance Bureau of Canada, and Provincial Regulators, as at December 31, 2017.
Manulife Financial offers affordable protection for Carleton alumni and their family. The Alumni Insurance Plan was designed to offer affordable group rates and a wide range of coverage options including:
- Member and Spouse Term Life Insurance
- Child Life and Accident Insurance
- Member Income Protection Disability Insurance
- Member and Spouse Major Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Extended Health Care and Dental Insurance
Take a moment to review any change in your responsibilities that may have affected your insurance needs. To apply for coverage on-line or to determine your insurance needs, visit Manulife’s web site designed exclusively for Carleton University Alumni.
For more information on the plan offers, you can also contact Manulife Financial toll-free at 1 888 913-6333, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make the most of your money with Manulife Bank.
As a Carleton University alumnus, you can now take advantage of promotional offers through Manulife Bank. Your options include:
- All-In Banking – Everyday bank account, high-interest savings, a no-fee cash back credit card, and travel insurance, wrapped into one amazing mobile experience
- Advantage Account – High-interest savings and chequing in one!
- Manulife One – Pay off your mortgage faster and save interest while you’re at it!
For more information or questions please call 1 888 444-6604 or email email@example.com.
Underwritten by: The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
Save on online wills via Willful
- 57% of Canadian adults don’t have a will – do you? If you need to create or update your will, Willful is the easiest way for you to get a last will and testament and power of attorney documents online. Founded by Carleton University grad Erin Bury after she experienced the loss of a family member, Willful’s platform helps Canadians create important legal documents for a fraction of the time and cost, no lawyer required. Since launching in 2017, Willful has helped create over 65,000 legal documents for tens of thousands of happy customers (4.9-star rating on Google).
- Willful’s legal content is created with a team of estate lawyers across the country so you can be confident your documents reflect your wishes. Plans start at $99, with free unlimited updates to your documents in future. Enjoy peace of mind knowing you have a plan in place for your loved ones!
- Visit the link below and use code CARLETON10 to save 10% on any Willful plan. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
- General contact email: email@example.com
Want to be a Perks member?
On behalf of the Carleton University Alumni Association, the Department of University Advancement negotiates partnership agreements with companies that offer exclusive benefits on products and services to graduates, members of faculty, staff and students.
Companies are chosen for the quality and integrity of their products and services, and their ability to offer value and exclusivity to graduates on a national scale. In consideration for being given access to this large, educated and affluent alumni community, affinity partners provide the University with financial contributions and/or sponsorship funds. Annual revenue generated from affinity is disbursed by the Department, at the discretion of the national executive of the alumni association, to help defray the costs of alumni programming and to support the University’s priority projects.
Your company could benefit from becoming an affinity partner with the Carleton University Alumni Association. We invite you to submit a written proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. that supports the aims and objectives of the alumni association, and satisfies the majority of criteria as outlined below.
- The program is expected to generate annual revenue.
- The program has an established track record.
- The program is national in scope.
- The program is committed to marketing and/or sponsorships.
- The program provides added value to alumni.
- The program is exclusive to alumni.
- The company provides quarterly reports to track the growth of the program, documenting projected revenues against actual results.
- The company provides a key contact who is responsible for managing the affinity program.
Carleton University contacts alumni and friends of the university to share community news and invite you to participate in events; to ask for your financial support of the university; and to share special offers through our partners, such as for discounts on insurance. We want to offer you these communications in the form that best meets your needs: through mail, email and telephone.
Please let us know when you email email@example.com if you’d prefer that we not include your email address in your Carleton record and you can update that preference any time by emailing us.
Personal information collected through this form will be used and disclosed by Carleton University under the authority of the Carleton University Act, and in accordance with sections 39, 41 and 42 of Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The purpose of this processing is for advancement activities and alumni development purposes. If you have any questions about the processing of personal information by Carleton University, please contact the Manager, Privacy & Access to Information, by phone at 613-520-2600 ext. 2047 or by e-mail via University_Privacy_Office@carleton.ca. You may also visit carleton.ca/privacy for additional information and notices.