Membership entitles you to extra perks! Carleton grads enjoy exciting deals on a wide range of products, services and on-campus benefits.
The Carleton University Alumni Association has developed a number of affinity partnerships, including financial services, travel packages, recreation and fitness discounts, and more. Not only do you get exclusive rates and valuable benefits–these programs support important programs for Carleton alumni and students. In the past few years, affinity partnerships have helped:
- Construct the Alumni Hall and Sports Centre
- Help bring back Ravens football
- Organize fun and meaningful events that bring alumni together
- Provide financial aid for students in need
- Support student projects and initiatives through the Student Activities Fund
- And more!
Enjoy the perks of membership–and support your alma mater at the same time.
Home and Auto Insurance
Why do alumni choose TD Insurance?
As the leading provider of group home and car insurance, we know how important it is to save wherever you can. As a Carleton graduate, you can benefit from special privileges, such as preferred group rates, enhanced coverage and flexible limits.
We believe in making insurance easy to understand so you can choose your coverage with confidence.
For more details, visit TD Insurance Meloche Monnex or call (toll-free) 1-866-258-3036.
Take advantage of our ticket discount which is accessible to all Carleton alumni. Our corporate identification number is 710810. The corporate identification number must be provided when booking on-line or via telephone ticket sales office to receive the corporate discount fare. For walk up ticket purchases at VIA Rail stations, you must provide the corporate identification number or Carleton University ID in addition to Photo ID.
The discount structure is as follows:
- Discount applies to 10% off best available regular public fare.
- Up to 3 additional passengers can travel with an employee.
- Discount can be applied to leisure as well as corporate travel.
Ottawa area stations
200 Tremblay Road
Ottawa,ON K1G 3H5
3347 Fallowfield Road
Barrhaven,ON K2J 5K9
Give back, get back – it’s that simple. Each time you make an eligible purchase, MBNA contributes a portion of funds to your Carleton University Alumni Association to support alumni and student initiatives. Accelerate reward points on common purchases!
Carleton University MBNA Rewards® credit card
Earn MBNA Rewards points to redeem for the rewards that you want
- No annual fee
- 1 point‡ for every $1 in eligible purchases
- 2 points‡ for every $1 spent on eligible gas, groceries and restaurant purchases ($5,000 annual cap on each category)
- Receive 2,500 bonus points†† after your first eligible purchase within the first 90 days of account opening
- Receive 2,500 bonus points†† once enrolled for e-statements within the first 90 days of account opening
- Redeem points‡ for travel, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from participating retailers, cash back, and charitable donations
- A suite of comprehensive insurance**
- Standard Annual Interest Rates of 19.99% on eligible purchases, 22.99% on balance transfers and access cheques, and 24.99% on cash advances.
Take advantage of an everyday rewards card with no annual fee. Apply now for the Carleton University MBNA Rewards® credit card.
Over 100 professional programs through the Sprott School of Business
Sharpen your professional skills in, business management, accounting, risk management, social media as well as specialized programs for human resources professionals, business analysts, and project managers at the Sprott School of Business. Carleton alumni may be eligible to receive 10 per cent discount on selected programs. To find out more visit the Sprott School of Business website or call 613 520-2600 x3488.
Discounts on merchandise in the University Bookstore
Take advantage of an exclusive 10 per cent alumni discount on all regularly priced, authentic university apparel and gifts . For information call: 613-520-3832 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free borrowing privileges and online journal access in the Carleton University library
Interested in the latest research? Access more than three million books, serials, government documents, maps, newspapers, musical scores, compact discs, microforms, archives and rare books in the library’s collection.
Graduates can also access many significant online journals and databases for continued study, work, or just for fun. Best of all, subscriptions are free and available anywhere, from your desktop.
A new enhanced suite of online resources is also available to alumni through Knowledge Ontario whose mission it is to create the Ontario Digital Library together with all public, university, college, and school libraries in the province. To access these databases, login here and use the password “trillium”.
Visit the library’s Services for Alumni web page for more details about off-campus database access and to view a full list of resources. To get access, order your alumni ID card by emailing email@example.com with your request providing full name, mailing address and student ID number if possible, then contact staff at the Circulation Desk (phone number 613-520-2734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a personalized PIN.
Career and employment counselling services
Whether you are a new graduate or well into your career, you may need employment support. Career Development and Co-operative Education offers a variety of free comprehensive career services to all Carleton alumni, regardless of graduation year.
- All alumni can take advantage of the following services and programs:
- Access to job postings on myCareer – the online job search system
- Access to OptimalRésumé – the new online program to help you build high-impact résumés based on your career goals
- Access to the Resource Centre stocked with more than 1,000 print and online materials
- Admission to three annual Career Fairs and the Career Connection Speaker Series
Networking events and activities
- Access to a full suite of employment and career workshops
- One-on-one career counselling
- Thirty minute one-on-one résumé and cover letter review sessions, and mock interview sessions
For more information, visit the Academic and Career Services website.
Conferencing, meeting services and summer accommodation
Stay on campus May to August. New air-conditioned residence means hotel quality at better prices. Facilities include conference, seminar and board rooms, lecture theatres, classrooms and lounges; complete audio visual services, cafeterias, dining rooms, fully licensed bars; 24-hour security services, health service clinic, pharmacy, post office, bank, variety stores, and recreational facilities with an Olympic-size pool, squash and tennis courts and fitness centre. For information call 613-520-2600 ext.8623.
Reduced rates for annual athletics memberships
Alumni receive 50 per cent off first-time one-year athletics memberships and 15 per cent off subsequent membership purchases. Alumni also receive a 15 per cent discount on individual adult league registrations (with the exception of ice hockey). Full recreational facilities include an Olympic-size indoor pool, squash and tennis courts, fitness centre and a new covered multi-sport field.
Confucius Institute Summer Program
From essential Chinese language skills for daily conversation, to business communication practices and historical perspectives on Chinese culture and society, this special non-credit summer courses on Chinese language and culture provides practical tools for your career needs and personal interests. For more information, including an exclusive price option for Carleton alumni, please visit the Confucius Institute online.
Manulife Financial offers affordable protection for Carleton alumni and their family. The Alumni Insurance Plan was designed to offer affordable group rates and a wide range of coverage options including:
- Member and Spouse Term Life Insurance
- Child Life and Accident Insurance
- Member Income Protection Disability Insurance
- Member and Spouse Major Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Extended Health Care and Dental Insurance
Take a moment to review any change in your responsibilities that may have affected your insurance needs. To apply for coverage on-line or to determine your insurance needs, visit Manulife’s web site designed exclusively for Carleton University Alumni.
For more information on the plan offers, you can also contact Manulife Financial toll-free at 1 888 913-6333, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, or e-mail email@example.com.
Underwritten by: The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
Want to be a Perks member?
On behalf of the Carleton University Alumni Association, the Department of University Advancement negotiates partnership agreements with companies that offer exclusive benefits on products and services to graduates, members of faculty, staff and students.
Companies are chosen for the quality and integrity of their products and services, and their ability to offer value and exclusivity to graduates on a national scale. In consideration for being given access to this large, educated and affluent alumni community, affinity partners provide the University with financial contributions and/or sponsorship funds. Annual revenue generated from affinity is disbursed by the Department, at the discretion of the national executive of the alumni association, to help defray the costs of alumni programming and to support the University’s priority projects.
Your company could benefit from becoming an affinity partner with the Carleton University Alumni Association. We invite you to submit a written proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. that supports the aims and objectives of the alumni association, and satisfies the majority of criteria as outlined below.
- The program is expected to generate annual revenue.
- The program has an established track record.
- The program is national in scope.
- The program is committed to marketing and/or sponsorships.
- The program provides added value to alumni.
- The program is exclusive to alumni.
- The company provides quarterly reports to track the growth of the program, documenting projected revenues against actual results.
- The company provides a key contact who is responsible for managing the affinity program.